Friday, September 7, 2012

Outfit Post: Fashion Night Out

Jacket: Isabel Marant, T-shirt: Maje, Jeans: Topshop Boutique, Boots: Zara, Bag: Miu Miu
You can hype this look HERE
Last night marked the first night of New York Fashion Week and with it, the fourth annual Fashion Night Out. The brain child of U.S. Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, this now global phenomenon was designed to entice consumers back into New York's stores during the depths of the recession. This year, over 700 stores participated in the celebrations, hosting competitions, karaoke and celebrity guests encounter. Alexa Chung was spinning at Moschino, while Diane Von Furstenburg, herself, hosted a party for fans at her meatpacking store. The Olsen Twins were spotted in Barneys, while Kim Kardashian promoted her perfume in Lord and Taylor. The city was a swarm of sunglasses, sequins and stilettos with road barriers and police on hand to divert the mass of people in Soho and The Meatpacking District. My first article for college was to write a feature on this spectacle and my quest for information took my from Paige denim where I spoke to Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller to What Goes Around Comes Around where Whitney Port has launched a collaborative project. I spent the evening with Erika Fox of Retro Flame, marveling at the fashionable crowds and the nonstop activity both on street and in store. Here's a photo roll of our evening. x 

1. Fans awaited Leandra at the Paige denim store on Soho's Mercer street. Guests were treated to cupcakes and champagne, while slipping into Paige jeans and instagramming their looks to win a prize.
2. An excited fan chats to her fashion idol. Leandra took the time to speak with each and every guest individually and take photos. With an arm party of Dannijo jewelry, skinny jeans and an oversized Acne blazer, she looked every inch her Man Repelling self.
3. I met Ruby, 16 and Elijah, 17 at the Paige event. I want to be them when I grow up.
4. A close up of my outfit.

5. Retro Flame's Erika Fox sipped watermelon cocktails at What Goes Around Comes Around while checking out their amazing vintage collection.
6. A close up of Whitney Eve's California inspired shirts.
7. One of the stores amazing western themed displays.

8. Diane Von Furstenburg's Meatpacking store (the queue was about 200 people long).
9. DJ Mick Dodge on the decks outside Scoop NYC.
10. The Meatpacking's fashion and food market outside The Standard Hotel.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that shirt you're rocking in your first pic! I need it! I wonder if I can find a cheaper version somewhere online?!

    Found your blog via WeWoreWhat! Hosting a giveaway, you should enter: http://www.alliewears.com/2012/09/alilang-giveaway.html

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like such a fun time! your jeans are amazing great outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like heaven. Your outfit is sooo cool, love it

    ReplyDelete